Without a key, you may quickly and easily lock and unlock a door with digital locks (digilocks). This is also known as keyless entry control. It is the most efficient and most suitable access and security option in some situations. A digital lock, for instance, is an excellent way to safeguard a door that is frequently opened by a large number of people. It takes the bother out of trying to remember who has access to how many different keys. Correct installation must be ensured. Because of this, we firmly advise having a licenced locksmith install them.
Digital Smart locks
In the 1960s, push-button digital locks made their debut. Although at first these kinds of locks were only used to limit access, they have since evolved. Pushbutton digilocks today provide a reliable, affordable solution for a variety of access and security purposes. This kind of lock will be well-known to the majority of individuals. It has a keypad where a pin code can be manually entered. When the right code is entered, the lock is unlocked, allowing the door to be opened. This form of digital lock has the benefit of not requiring a power supply, which is one of its advantages.
Benefits of using Digital Locks
There are many advantages when using digital locks.
- No more Key Loss problems.
- Ideal for areas with heavy traffic. They increase access/exit times and reduce the expense and inconvenience of supplying multiple keys. Ideal for entrances and exits at factories and offices, etc.
- There are no longer any broken keys in the locks.
- For authorised individuals, easy after-hours access means no calling the keyholder out, etc.
- More durable. Unlike twisting a key, push-button entry devices are not subject to the same repetitive habit. In other words, pushbuttons often endure longer than their key equivalents.
- The code is simple to alter, for example, when an employee leaves.
Although digital locks are not appropriate for all situations, when they are, they provide a strong, affordable security solution.
DG Locksmiths Glasgow is a reputable and reasonably priced locksmith. Customers from Glasgow and the nearby towns are catered to by them. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us or give us a call at 07788 828 644 if you need assistance